“Dateline NBC” will air a new special Friday night about the case of Lori Vallow, and her niece is one of the interview subjects.
- NBC producers and NBC correspondent Keith Morrison put together the “Dateline NBC” two-hour special on Lori Vallow, which will air Friday night.
- In the documentary, Morrison will interview a number of people close to Lori Vallow, including her oldest son, Colby Ryan, and Melanie Pawlowski, her niece.
Who is Melanie Pawlowski?
- On Oct. 2, 2019, Pawlowski’s husband, Brandon Boudreaux, was allegedly shot at in Gilbert, Arizona. Investigators believe Alex Cox, the now-dead brother of Lori Vallow, was the shooter.
- Brandon and Melani divorced soon after. Melanie married Ian Pawlowski thereafter, according to the Idaho Statesman.
- Morrison said of Pawlowski: “Melanie essentially appeared to want to present that all is fine,” Morrison says of the interview. “She acted like, ‘I don’t know of any problems whatsoever. We were all just doing our own thing and anything that seemed suspicious was merely a coincidence.’ She’s a sweet, very attractive young woman who looks at you with big eyes and says it’s absolutely the truth. The viewers can look at it and see what they think.”
- Melanie Pawlowski and Brandon Boudreaux are currently involved in a child custody case.
- In that case, Melanie’s new husband, Ian, told investigators that Vallow and her husband told Melanie that Joshua “JJ” Vallow and Tylee Ryan “had been possessed and had become zombies.”
- Per ABC-15 Arizona’s report: Powlowski said: “Melanie had been told by Chad and Lori that her children had been possessed and had become zombies. She shared concerns that she’s been told Brandon needed to die and that may indicate that … Tylee and JJ needed to die as well. She told me she was worried that Al (Alex Cox) may have had to ‘take care’ of the kids. She explained that Al had great faith and never wavered in his trust in the Lord. No task would be too difficult or great for him.”
How to watch the special
- “Dateline NBC’s” special “Where are the Children?” airs Friday night at 8 p.m. MDT. Check local listings for more information.
Correction: This article previously said Brandon Boudreaux was shot in Gilbert, Arizona. According to reports, he was shot at.