- Universal Studios Orlando has been shut down since mid-March because of the coronavirus pandemic.
What’s going on:
- Select venues at the CityWalk portion will reopen on Thursday. Hours of operation will stretch from 4 to 10 p.m. every day.
- Visitors will be required to wear masks. The park will check temperatures when guests arrive, too.
- Universal Studios Orlando park and Islands of Adventure will stay closed through May 31. Universal Studios Hollywood will be closed through that same time period, too.
- The announcement comes about a week after Disney announced it would hold a phased reopening with Disney Springs resort, as I wrote about for the Deseret News. Disney Springs opened a select number of shopping and dining options. The shopping area would only allow areas owned by third-parties to operate.
- Disney Springs opened with the requirement that cast members increase the cleaning procedures and go under new training. Guests must wear face masks in the area, too.
- Earlier this week, Disney reopened its Shanghai Disneyland location, as I reported for the Deseret News. The park reopened with some restrictions and changes. Guests, for example, have to book their arrival in advance and wear masks at the park. Most rides remain unavailable for now.