Katy Perry said she believes she will learn how to be a mother fast because of the coronavirus pandemic and the stay-at-home order.
What’s the news:
- Perry and “Pirates of the Caribbean” star Orlando Bloom are expecting their first child together. The couple will raise the child amid the coronavirus pandemic.
- Perry said on BBC’s “Graham Norton Show” that she is currently living with young children — “thought to be young relatives as well as Bloom’s 9-year-old son from his former marriage with Miranda Kerr,” according to Yahoo! — to learn more about how to be a mother.
- Perry said: “Kids gravitate towards me through my music, so I am used to them, but I am not used to being woken up really early in the morning by them staring at me from the side of my bed!”
More about motherhood
- Perry told Us Weekly magazine during an interview with “American Idol” co-stars Lionel Richie and Luke Bryant that she expects to be a firm parent.
- She said: “Firm, but fair and very fun. I think a triple F.”
- Perry said in an Instagram live video that people should lean into their cravings, too. “You want to talk cravings. ... I like, literally, never cared for spice, and now, I have to carry Tabasco sauce in my purse like that woman. Like, I am that woman. I am Karen with her Tabasco sauce. Some people have essential oils, and I have Tabasco sauce. ... I’ve been eating the same burrito for weeks on end.”