- “Space Force” will focus on Mark R. Naird (Carell), who must lead the new U.S. Armed Forces branch, the Space Force (a real-life branch of military).
- The new trailer shows the early days of the Space Force. Naird struggles to encourage his team. The Space Force struggles to conduct proper testing, too.
- Note: The trailer contains strong language suitable for a TV-MA or R-rating. The Deseret News did not include any links to the trailer.
Is it like ‘The Office’?
- “Space Force” does have hints of “The Office” humor. Carell spends moments of the trailers singing “Kokomo” by The Beach Boys. And the dry humor seen in “The Office” makes appearances here.
- You can see “The Office” DNA infused into this show. It remains unclear how much this show will follow that pattern, though.
More about the show:
- According to Netflix, the show’s description reads: “Skeptical but dedicated, Mark uproots his family and moves to a remote base in Colorado where he and a colorful team of scientists and “Spacemen” are tasked by the White House with getting American boots on the moon (again) in a hurry and achieving total space dominance.”
- The first season will feature 10 episodes. “Space Force” lands on Netflix on May 29.
- Cast includes “Friends” alum Lisa Kudrow (who will play Carell’s wife), John Malkovich, Ben Schwartz (“Parks and Recreation”) and Noah Emmerich (“The Americans”).