- Gianna Floyd — the daughter of George Floyd, who died after a white police officer pressed his knee on his neck for 8 minutes and 46 seconds — said on social media that she was given stocks to Disney from Streisand.
- Floyd shared the news in a photo, which shows her holding the certificate.
- She wrote: “Thank You @barbrastreisand for my package, I am now a Disney Stockholder thanks to you.”
- It’s unclear how many shares Streisand bought for her, though.
A similar move from Texas Southern University
- Texas Southern University announced it would provide Gianna with a full scholarship to the school if she wished to attend the university, according to CNN.
- Gerald Smith, chairman of the TSU Foundation, said in a statement: “We know the value of an education in the pursuit of solutions and generational progress. We look forward to embracing her into the TSU family.”
- Kanye West said he set up a college fund for Gianna’s future and her college tuition, which is one part of a $2 million donation to support Floyd’s family, as well as those related to Ahmaud Arberyand Breonna Taylor, according to Vulture.