Lori Loughlin’s daughter donates to National Bail Out Fund. She has asked her sister to do the same thing
Olivia Jade faced backlash for her post about white privilege earlier this week
Olivia Jade, the daughter of Lori Loughlin and a YouTube influencer, said on Instagram Thursday that she donated to the National Bail Out Fund, looking to help protesters who might have been arrested over the nationwide protests.
- OIivia Jade engaged in the “BLM Donation Challenge,” where Instagram users will add a filter to decide which protest-related charity to donate to.
- It landed on the National Bail out Fund, which raises money to bail out protesters.
- Olivia Jade posted a receipt of her donation.
- Lori Loughlin’s daughter nominated a few friends to join the challenge, including Bella Rose Giannulli, her sister.
- Olivia Jade also tagged Jackson Guthy, her boyfriend.
According to her Instagram story, Olivia Jade — daughter of Lori Loughlin — has donated to the National Bail Out Fund after receiving criticism earlier this week for her post on white privilege. pic.twitter.com/Hpm0UmlBT3— Herb Scribner (@HerbScribner) June 5, 2020
This comes after some backlash
Olivia Jade faced criticism earlier this week for her response to the ongoing nationwide protests over racial injustice and police brutality, as I reported for the Deseret News.
She posted a message on her Instagram story in which she said white people “need to understand that just ‘not being racist is not enough’ if you hear people saying disrespectful things, correct them.”
- “If you see something that doesn’t look right… do something!!!!!. THIS NEEDS TO BE CHANGED. FOREVER! And as a person who is born into privilege based on my skin color & financial situation I was not always aware that these issues were still so present. And that makes me feel awful. But that also fuels me.”
- “Don’t sit there & allow this to continue happening. And if someone says something like ‘no one is around that offense’ or ‘it’s a joke’ it should offend ALL of us speak because it’s outright wrong and disgusting that humans talk/treat each other humans THE way we’ve seen.”
- “We need to support and stand up and speak and USE OUR WHITE PRIVILEGE TO STOP THIS. We need to stop complaining about the smallest things because the black community are fearful of dying and being oppressed every single day just on the way they look and how they were born. Time to step up and keep making noise because this cannot continue to happen. It’s disgusting.”
Critics suggested Olivia Jade’s post was tone deaf, suggesting she and her parents used their white privilege to protect themselves in the college admissions scandal, as I reported for the Deseret News.