Warning: Spoilers for the first two episodes of “WandaVision” below.
“WandaVision” released its first two episodes on Friday morning, giving Marvel fans their first taste of the Marvel Cinematic Universe since July 2019. And the first two episodes left plenty of questions, including ones about the future of the show.
- Another question — who is the Beekeeper?
Wait, there’s a beekeeper?
OK. So in the second episode, there’s a moment where Wanda Maximoff (Elizabeth Olsen) and Vision (Paul Bettany) hear bangs and booms from outside. They rush outside and see a beekeeper emerge from underground.
- Wanda, staring at the beekeeper, says, “No.” Reality then seems to rewind to a better moment between the couple, avoiding the beekeeper.
So who is the beekeeper?
According to Polygon, the beekeeper might be related the Advanced Idea Mechanics (AIM) organization, which “reject formal ideas of ethics and prize the pursuit of dangerous knowledge above all else.”
- The researchers — “a secret society of mad scientists,” per Polygon — wear bright yellow hazmat suits with black masks on their hoods.
- Fans have often referred to AIM scientists as “beekeeper guys.”
AIM appeared in Marvel before
AIM appeared in the Marvel Cinematic Universe before. The organization was led by scientist Aldrich Killian, who created the Extremis therapy that created destructive soldiers. This happened in “Iron Man 3.”
- The group was also mentioned in the episode “Seeds” of “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”