- The water park and Blizzard Beach were closed in March 2020 as the pandemic began. Even though Florida’s theme parks opened in the following summer, water parks remain closed.
- “As a result of this unprecedented pandemic and in line with direction provided by health experts and government officials, Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort will remain closed until further notice,” Disney said at the time, per KTLA News. Employees continued to get paid through this closure.
Visitors can, once again, enjoy swimming in massive wave pools and lazy rivers as well as sliding down the water coasters.
Per Fox News Orlando, some of the attractions include:
- Typhoon Lagoon Surf Pool: One of the largest outdoor wave pool where guests can catch some waves.
- Miss Adventure Falls: A fast-paced but family-friendly raft attraction.
- Crush ‘n’ Gusher: Featuring three 400-foot-long tube slides, this is a thrilling water coaster.
- Castaway Creek: This scenic lazy river encircles the entire water park.
- Humunga Kowabunga: Guests can reportedly choose to ride one of three body slides.
The reopening comes during a surge of coronavirus cases nationwide.