What’s going on?
Ridley was interviewed for the April 2021 issue of Empire magazine, according to GameSpot. During the interview, she was asked if she would be interested in revisiting the Rey character. And she didn’t count out the idea.
- Ridley said she’s probably finished “for now.”
- “I mean, never say never,” she said.
- “I’m always open to a revisit,” she said of Star Wars. “But also the beautiful thing is it’s this wonderful, huge universe with all of these stories that have yet to be told. I think there’s a lot of cool things to be made before any potential revisit.”
More questions about a return
- “I think for me the beauty of ‘Episode IX’ is it ends with such hope and such potential,” Ridley told IGN. “I just feel like that was Rey’s perfect ending. The big battle was in Episodes VII, VIII, and IX. I think really she’s probably running around the forest somewhere having a great time (following the events of ‘The Rise of Skywalker’). I feel totally, totally satisfied with how that story finished.”
Still, she told People magazine she enjoyed the experience regardless.
- “When we wrapped (The Rise of Skywalker) I wept all day,” she told People magazine. “I felt like I was going to pop a vein because I was crying so much.
- “Obviously not to say that it was like grieving, but it was grieving something. I’ll always have it, and we’re all bonded by this incredible thing.”