Will this Utah singer make it past the ‘American Idol’ top 24? Your vote could help
Wyatt Pike, a 20-year-old singer from Park City, will perform with Ben Rector on Sunday night’s episode of ‘American Idol’
On Sunday night, a new round of the competition begins, featuring the contestants performing duets with a wide range of celebrity guests. Those who survive the round will move on to the live shows.
Here’s a rundown of what to expect.
Who is on Sunday night’s episode of ‘American Idol’?
- An “American Idol” representative told the Deseret News that Wyatt Pike, a singer from Park City, Utah, will perform during Sunday night’s episode that airs on ABC at 7 p.m. MT (the other Utah singer in the top 24, Liahona Olayan, will perform during Monday night’s episode).
- Photos on ABC.com indicate that Pike’s celebrity duet will be with singer-songwriter Ben Rector.
According to photos on ABC.com, “Idol” fans can also expect the following matchups Sunday night:
- Graham DeFranco will also perform with Rector.
- Alanis Sophia and Cecil Ray will each perform with country singer Jimmie Allen.
- Cassandra Coleman and Deshawn Goncalves will each perform with OneRepublic’s Ryan Tedder.
- Alyssa Wray and Willie Spence will each perform with actress and former “American Idol” runner-up Katharine McPhee.
- Alana and Andrea Valles will each perform with R&B singer Brian McKnight
- Anilee List and Grace Kinstler will each perform with Joss Stone.
How to vote on ‘American Idol’
- Sunday night’s episode also marks the first time in the season that fans can vote for their favorite contestants.
- There are three ways to vote on “American Idol.”
- The first is to vote online at idolvote.abc.com (fans must create an account to vote).
- “Idol” fans can also vote via “American Idol” apps, which can be downloaded through the App Store or Google Play Store.
- The final way to vote is via text. During each “Idol” episode, a contestant will have a specific number that can be texted to “21523.”
- The overnight voting window opens on April 4 at the start of the East Coast broadcast (6 p.m. MT) and ends at 4 a.m. MT on April 5, according to ABC.com. The same time frame applies to the second “Idol” episode that will air Monday night.
When will the ‘American Idol’ results be revealed?
- The voting will eliminate four singers from each episode, and the top 16 will be revealed during the “Idol” episode on April 11, a show representative told the Deseret News.