- The man — named Kelly Sills — said he paid $15,000 for his vacation to Florida.
Sills reportedly bypassed Orlando’s medical screening process and refused to get the temperature check. There was some body camera footage released later that showed Sills refusing to leave.
- “I spent $15,000 to come here,” Sills said.
Sills then argued with a security manager, according to NBC News. He argued with security before he was asked to leave.
Sills asked authorities if he could take his temperature before he left the park. Authorities told him they would take his temperature at jail, according to WFLA in Tampa Bay.
- Sills said he was also a stockholder at Disney.
- He pleaded not guilty to a misdemeanor trespassing charge, NBC News reports.
An unnamed representative of Disney World told People magazine the park has had to deal with some incidents of people refusing COVID-19 restrictions. For example, one man was asked to change his face mask at Epcot and was later arrested. But there have been plenty of people following the rules.
- “Guests have overwhelmingly been supportive of our protocols,” the representative told People magazine. “Millions of guests visit our theme parks each year and in rare instances when things of this nature occur, we hold them accountable.”