We still don’t know when “Stranger Things” Season 4 is coming out, but the WNBA has officially added to the hype.
Indiana Fever gets ‘Stranger Things’ uniform
- On Thursday, the WNBA introduced new uniforms to celebrate the organization’s 25th anniversary. according to Nike.com.
- Thanks to a partnership with Nike, all 12 WNBA teams now have three new game uniform editions. It marks the biggest jersey release in league history, featuring better-fitting uniforms, more inclusive sizing and the players’ numbers on the front of the jerseys, according to CBS Sports.
- “The basketball uniform is an important representation of the brand of WNBA players and teams, and a point of pride for fans,” WNBA Commissioner Cathy Engelbert said in a statement, according to Nike.com. “In partnership with Nike, unveiling new and exciting adaptations of the WNBA uniforms is a dynamic way to build on the foundation of the league’s first 25 years.”
- The Indiana Fever, in particular, started creating a lot of buzz on Twitter with one of its new jerseys. The team’s Rebel Edition jersey is “Stranger Things”-themed — everything from the uniform’s color to the font (the hit Netflix series is set in the fictional town of Hawkins, Indiana).
- “Welcome to The Upside Down,” the Indiana Fever posted on its official Twitter account.
- The Rebel Edition uniform was created to represent stories of female empowerment, CBS Sports reported.
- “A rebel is unapologetic, and irreverent. Someone who rises in opposition and isn’t afraid to take on a challenge,” the Indiana Fever said in a statement announcing the jersey, according to CBS Sports.