There’s a new job opening — for president of the United States. Requirements of this position:
- Compassion, empathy and decency.
- Courage to make unpopular decisions.
- A vision and plan for moving our country forward and the ability to articulate this plan to the American people.
- Will work “across the aisle” in a way that encourages participation and debate rather than confrontation.
- Will take charge in the case of a national emergency and assure the American people that our country is safe.
- Will embrace media reporting as a vital and necessary conduit to the consciousness of our nation.
- Will represent the United States of America on the world stage as a nation of strength, but also as a nation of compassion.
- Will combat climate change and outline plans to lead us towards a “greener” future.
- Will address the continued deterioration of our nation’s infrastructure.
These are just a few of the requirements for this position. Please send your resume, along with education, experience and references to the American people.