- Ronaldo played for Juventus on Sunday in an empty stadium behind closed doors and without fans.
- Ronaldo’s teammate Daniele Rugani was confirmed to have the coronavirus Wednesday. A photo showed Rugani celebrating with his teammates, including Ronaldo, who was shirtless in the photo, the New York Post reports.
- Ronaldo was visiting his sick mother in Portugal when the announcement came to light. He is now staying in Portugal until he knows he can return safely.
More from Juventus and Italian soccer
- Juventus confirmed Rugani was infected with COVID-19.
- Juventus said: “Juventus Football Club is currently activating all the isolation procedures required by law, including those who have had contact with him.”
- Italian soccer club Inter Milan said it has suspended games until further notice.
- Inter Milan said: “The club is currently taking steps to put all the necessary procedures into place.”
- Italy is currently facing a nationwide lockdown.