The Golden State Warriors have been associated with successful basketball in recent years, and the same could be said for its NBA 2K League team, which, until Wednesday night, had gone undefeated in the early part of the season.
But then Jazz Gaming entered the chatroom and edged out the Warriors in the best-of-three series, propelling the squad to 4-1 on the year to sit near the top of the standings.
Jazz Gaming edged out Warriors Gaming Squad, winning Game 1 and Game 3 in the series after a tight loss in Game 2.
- Game 1 — Jazz defeated the Warriors, 74-61.
- Game 2 — Warriors defeated the Jazz, 70-65.
- Game 3 — Jazz won 84-66.
- Rookie point guard Kimanni “Splashy” Ingram was the star of the night, setting a franchise record of 44 points and nine 3-pointers in Game 1 alone. That’s a bunch of greens and hot streaks for the NBA 2K League star.
- Spencer “Ria” Wyman, the No. 1 overall selection in the 2019 NBA 2K League Draft, set another record with seven blocks in Game 2. Wyman has been a stud for the team so far this year, recording nine double-doubles, which included 20 points and 18 rebounds in the game against the Warriors.
Where Jazz Gaming stands
- The Jazz Gaming team is in fourth place in the NBA 2K League. The team is behind Raptors Uprising GC, which is 7-0, Warriors Gaming (6-1) and Wizards District Gaming (5-1).
High school girls golf: 3A region recaps, Richfield, Morgan, Union and Judge Memorial claim region titles