Jazz Gaming couldn’t win the Tipoff tournament semifinals. The Raptors rose to claim title
Jazz Gaming couldn’t make it to the NBA 2K League’s recent tournament despite high scoring from Lotty and Splashy
Jazz Gaming had been smoothly cruising through the NBA 2K League’s Tipoff tournament — before Kings Gaming came along and slayed the dragon.
That said, Raptors Uprising chewed through the Kings not long after that, claiming the Tipoff title.
- Jazz Gaming fell in the semifinal round of the NBA 2K League’s in-season Tipoff tournament, losing the best-of-three series, 2-1.
- Jazz Gaming narrowly lost the opening match, falling 66-62 despite a 35-point effort from guard Kimanni “Splashy” Ingram.
- But the Jazz stormed back in Game 2, securing an 11-point 72-61 victory. “Splashy” led the way for the Jazz with 32 points. Greens all day from “Splashy.”
- The Jazz couldn’t climb back in Game 3, though, falling 66-57. “Splashy” was limited in the third game. Lytel “Lotty” Martin led the way for Utah with 22 points.
- With the loss, the Kings moved on to the final to face off with Raptors Uprising GC. The Jazz secured a $20,000 prize though for placing fourth in the tournament.
Raptors crowned ‘Tipoff’ champions
- Raptors Uprising GC claimed the NBA 2K League’s “Tipoff Tournament” championship, defeating Kings Guard Gaming in a sweep — winning 2-0 in the series series (76-57 and 79-49).
- The team’s first ever draft pick — Kenneth “Kenny Got Work” Hailey — earned the tournament’s MVP award with a total 364 points, 102 assistants and 46 3-pointers in 11 games.
- Raptors Uprising remains undefeated in regular season play, too, a sign that the Raptors are the team to beat in the NBA 2K League.
High school girls golf: 3A region recaps, Richfield, Morgan, Union and Judge Memorial claim region titles