The NBA 2K League announced Wednesday it will double its total cash prize money for its upcoming season as the league prepares for a number of 3-on-3 and 5-on-5 tournaments.
Prize pools: The NBA 2K League is changing its format for its fifth season, adding more tournaments instead of a regular-season format.
- Each tournament will come with a specific prize pool, which will be shared among those winners and semifinalists throughout the tournament.
Here’s a breakdown of each tournament and its prize pool.
- The Tipoff (April 5 to April 23) — $250,000 total prize pool.
- The Turn (May 24 — June 11) — $250,000 total prize pool.
- The Ticket (Aug. 12 — 13) — $50,000 total prize pool.
- NBA 2K League Playoffs and Finals — $1,000,000 total prize pool.
Worth noting: Multiple teams in the NBA 2K League Playoffs and Finals will receive a piece of the prize pool. Here’s the breakdown:
- First place — $250,000.
- Second place— $100,000.
- Third place — $50,000.
- Fourth place— $50,000.
- Fifth through eighth place— $25,000 each.
- Ninth through 12th place— $10,000 each.
Bonus: NBA 2K League players can now earn bonuses for winning year awards at the end of the season, the league announced.
- Most Valuable Player — $15,000.
- Defensive Player of the Year — $7,500.
- Rookie of the Year — $7,500.
- Coach of the Year — $5,000.
- Most Improved Player — $5,000.