- He said the vaccine’s release would “likely be within the first quarter of 2021, by let’s say April of 2021.”
- Fauci said researchers will likely know by November or December whether a vaccine is safe or not for the general public.
- Developers will likely produce a few million doses at the beginning of its release, he said.
Fauci said pauses in trials — like the Johnson & Johnson trial that paused earlier this week — are a sign that companies are taking these experiments seriously. He said it should make anyone nervous about the vaccine’s safety feel better
- “When that happens, we jump all over that,” Fauci said.
- “The Johnson & Johnson trial is the biggest trial of the vaccine that I know of — 60,000 people. Within that trial you’d expect a few pauses.”