President Donald Trump’s reelection campaign is currently selling “Trump defeats COVID” coins for $1,000 as the president continues to battle the novel coronavirus.
- The coins can be bought at the White House Gift Shop, which does not have a connection to the White House.
Anthony Giannini, chairman of the White House Gift Shop, said that the coins shows “President Trump’s ascendance over and defeat of the deadly COVID pandemic virus.”
- “When we heard the sad news of President Trump’s positive COVID test, once again we had faith and prayed but we knew our president would find a way to knock out COVID in early rounds of this battle,” Giannini wrote, according to USA Today. “President Trump, as you know, is a fan of boxing, and the new design includes more than a hint of superhero qualities in history’s most fascinating president.”
The coin went on sale before Trump left Walter Reed hospital.
Trump left the hospital Monday night in a dramatic exit, which led to his return to the White House. Trump — who is still infected with COVID-19 — took off his mask once he arrived at the White House.
Experts are worried about Trump’s condition with the novel coronavirus, saying he might still be infected with the virus.
- “It can go in a lot of different directions,” Robert Wachter, chair of the Department of Medicine at the University of California, San Francisco, told BuzzFeed News. “For the next few days, I’d want him 50 feet away from an ICU, not a helicopter ride.”
Trump’s doctor at Walter Reed Medical Center — Dr. Sean Conley — said Monday that Trump is not out of the woods yet, either.
- “Though he may not entirely be out of the woods yet, the team and I agree that all our evaluations, and most importantly his clinical status, support the president’s safe return home.”
- “President Trump has met or exceeded all discharge criteria.”