- Two groups of passengers were impacted. The first 10 have been brought to shore. The second group will leave shortly.
The group includes:
- Four Japanese guests
- One Taiwanese gust
- Two Americans
- Two Canadians
- One New Zealand guest
Context: The entire ship has 2,666 passengers and 1,045 crew members.
- Reuters said: “The total number of coronavirus patients in Japan is now 45. Test results on around 171 people from the cruise ship are still pending.”
- According to Reuters, an 80-year-old man from Hong Kong tested positive for the virus in late January. The ship had already left port by the time of the diagnosis.
- The ship arrived in Japan after 14 days.
What it’s like: Passengers explained what it’s been like on the ship.
- Sawyer Smith: “It’s not really to the point where we’re getting stir-crazy, if they keep us in the rooms for four to five days it might be a little different.”
Bigger picture: Chinese authorities reported that the death toll rose by 73 people in 24 hours, according to The Guardian.