A new drone video shows nearly deserted roads in Italy where the coronavirus has ravaged the nation, according to CNN.
- The video shows parts of northern Italy.
- Italy has more than 24,000 cases of the coronavirus.
- On Sunday, the country suffered from 368 deaths in 24 hours, according to CNN.
Drone video shows almost entirely deserted roads in this part of northern Italy following the coronavirus outbreak. The country now has more than 24,000 cases of infection in total and on Sunday announced 368 deaths in just 24 hours. https://t.co/SsQZFIs7CB pic.twitter.com/6nGKxZKXNt— CNN (@CNN) March 16, 2020
One week ago
- Northern Italy quarantined 16 million people only one week ago to help combat the coronavirus, BBC News reports.
- Anyone who lived in Lombardy and 14 other locations in northern and central Italy needed permission to travel. Major cities such as Milan and Venice were affected by the change, too.
- Schools, gyms, museums and nightclubs were closed at the same time, according to BBC News.