The spread of the coronavirus has led to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization to encourage people to wash their hands. And now, Twitter has some ideas on which songs to sing while you do it.
What’s going on?
- There have been more than 3,000 deaths from the coronavirus across the world, and those numbers continue to climb. The United States has started to see the virus spread in the country, too.
How to prepare:
Multiple reports suggest that washing your hands can be the key to protect yourself from coronavirus. Here are four easy steps, per CNN:
- Wet your hands with water.
- Lather your hands with soap. Get inside the finger nails, along the fingers and all “nooks and crannies.”
- Scrub for at least 20 seconds.
- Rinse and dry your hands when you’re done.
What songs should you sing when washing your hands?
Social media users named a number of tunes to sing when you’re washing your hands. Here are a few options:
- The Alphabet Song
- Happy Birthday (twice)
- Mambo No. 5
- “Believe” by Cher
- “God Save the Queen”
- “Her Majesty” by The Beatles
But then there’s this Twitter thread, which might have a preferred song for you: