Chad Daybell — the husband of Lori Vallow, who is the mother of two missing Idaho children — was arrested Tuesday after authorities said they recovered human remains at his home in rural Idaho, according to the Deseret News.
His wife — Lori Vallow Daybell — is currently jailed in Rexburg and charged with felony child abandonment. Police said her two children — Joshua “JJ” Vallow and Tylee Ryan — went missing in September 2019.
The story has attracted nationwide attention.
Here are the headlines from national news outlets about the arrest:
- CNN: “Chad Daybell, husband of Lori Vallow, taken into custody after human remains found at his Idaho home”
- New York Daily News: “At least two sets of human remains reportedly found at Chad Daybell’s house, but no ID in Lori Vallow’s missing kids case”
- USA Today: “Chad Daybell arrested, human remains found: What we know about twisting case of Lori Vallow’s missing children”
- ABC News: “Human remains found at Chad Daybell’s home, husband of Lori Vallow, mom of missing Idaho kids”
- People magazine: “Lori Vallow’s husband taken into custody after police find what appears to be human remains at home”
- Fox News: “Human remains found at Idaho home of Chad Daybell, husband of ‘cult mom’ Lori Vallow, police say”
- Daily Mail: “Former grave digger husband of ‘cult mom’ Lori Vallow is pictured in his mugshot as he is charged with one count of destruction or concealment of evidence and booked into jail after human remains are found at his Idaho home in search for her missing kids”
- The Cut: “Everything we know about the deeply suspicious ‘Doomsday Couple’”
- The Mercury News: “How the search for missing Idaho children went from parents in Hawaii to the discovery of human remains”