T-Mobile, Verizon and AT&T customers experienced network issues Monday, leading to canceled and failed phone calls across the country, according to multiple reports.
What’s going on:
- People reported the phone call issues on Downdetector, which reported 93,000 reports of T-Mobile outages, according to Business Insider.
- I tried calling one of my colleagues — who has T-Mobile — and the call failed.
- AT&T told The Verge the network is “operating normally.” Verizon is also operating normally, per Business Insider.
- T-Mobile confirmed the issue in a tweet: “Our engineers are working to resolve a voice and data issue that has been affecting customers around the country. We’re sorry for the inconvenience and hope to have this fixed shortly.”
Our engineers are working to resolve a voice and data issue that has been affecting customers around the country. We’re sorry for the inconvenience and hope to have this fixed shortly.— Neville (@NevilleRay) June 15, 2020
- Sprint and Verizon also appear to be down as a result of connectivity issues.
What social media had to say
So social media had some fun with the downed network calls.
All major communications companies T-Mobile Verizon AT&T suffering outages may be the prelude to an alien invasion.— David Leavitt (@David_Leavitt) June 15, 2020
T-Mobile down... and it reminded me of all the times I let you down... You don’t have to reply. Tell your mom I miss her. pic.twitter.com/dkNKQ92x3l— Aleyda Lizeth (@alytmz) June 15, 2020
T-mobile got me out here thinking my phone is jacked when they the ones messing up. pic.twitter.com/6PxcAuxanq— Here we go, CSI ❂⁷ (@yanjunsbm) June 15, 2020
literally everybody who got t-mobile rn #TMobiledown pic.twitter.com/VWK36DZ5F3— THE PISCES (@notreallycat) June 15, 2020
T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint are down. There can be only one explanation. pic.twitter.com/w4UA4JdtJJ— The LAOdest Voice (@TheLAOdestVoice) June 15, 2020
Me opening twitter to find out why my T-Mobile is not working pic.twitter.com/cSfII60GLo— XII (@Loadinlm) June 15, 2020