A new viral video shows a swimmer handling a shark with his bare hand off the coast of Cape Henlopen State Park Beach in Delaware from over the weekend.
What’s going on:
- A new video — which was shared on Facebook — shows a man handling a shark with his hands, trying to unhook the shark from a line after it had been caught, according to USA Today.
- The video has more than 200,000 views on Facebook and TikTok combined.
- Rachael Foster — who posted the video to Facebook — told USA Today: “Everyone started yelling, ‘Shark, shark, get out of the water!’ It was so crazy, like a movie. Like ‘Jaws.’”
- The man in the video didn’t catch the shark, according to USA Today. His friend caught the shark. So he went out into the water to unhook it.
- You can watch the video on Facebook. Warning: It has mild language.
Was the shark violent?
- The India Times said: “Even in the video, the shark looks surprisingly calm as it is carried by the swimmer. The creature did not even attempt to attack the swimmer and most probably let him remove the hook from its mouth even though the video does not show that part.”