Several police officers served a search warrant at Chad Daybell’s home in Fremont County, Idaho, on Tuesday morning, according to EastIdahoNews.com.
- Fremont County Sheriff deputies, Rexburg Police officers and the FBI arrived at the house around 7 a.m. Tuesday morning. The warrant from the Rexburg Police Department is sealed. It’s unclear what the police are looking for.
- Nearby roads were closed due to the served warrant.
- No one has been arrested.
- Police will reportedly remain on scene for hours, according to EastIdahoNews.com.
Why this matters:
- Chad Daybell is the husband of Lori Vallow Daybell, who currently sits in jail in Madison County, Idaho, on a $1 million bail. She faces charges of desertion and nonsupport after her two children — Tylee Ryan, 17, and Joshua “JJ” Vallow, 7 — were last seen in September 2019.
- In April, the Idaho Attorney’s General office took over an investigation into conspiracy, attempted murder and/or murder by Lori Vallow or Chad Daybell in connection with the death of Tammy Daybell, who died two weeks before Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell tied the knot, as I reported for the Deseret News.