Gabby Petito, a 22-year-old woman from New York, has gone missing after a cross-country road trip, which included visits in Utah.
Gabby Petito disappearance case:
Here’s a breakdown of the essential facts and the timeline of Petito’s disappearance.
- Petito and her boyfriend, Brian Laundrie, left Long Island on July 2 for a cross-country road trip. The two were living in North Port, Florida, for more than two years, per ABC 7.
- Petito and Laundrie posted photos on Instagram and YouTube about their trip. Petito and Laundrie visited Utah. They posted photos from visits to the Mystic Hot Springs and Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands and Arches national parks.
- Her last photo — posted in Ogden, Utah — came on Aug. 25.
- No one has heard from Petito since Aug. 30.
- Petito’s mother, Nicole Schmidt, said she received text messages from her daughter on Aug. 27 and Aug. 30.
- Her boyfriend, Laundrie, returned to North Port, Florida, on Sept. 1.
- Petito was reported missing on Sept. 11.
- On Sept. 17, North Port police said Laundrie has gone missing. They began a search to find him.
- On Sept. 19, FBI Denver confirmed a body had been found near Grand Teton National Park. The discovered body was consistent with the description of Petito.
- On Sept. 21, Teton County Coroner Dr. Brent Blue confirmed the found human remains were of Gabby Petito.
- On Oct. 12, Blue confirmed Petito had been killed by strangulation.