The prosecution said it dropped the case because it couldn’t prove it.
- “While we found the complainant in this case cooperative and credible, after review of all the available evidence, we have concluded that we cannot meet our burden at trial,” Soares said, the AP reports.
- Soares said he was still “deeply troubled” by the allegation.
Per The Washington Post, Cuomo was charged in October for allegedly touching his assistant, Brittany Commisso, at an event at the Executive Mansion in Albany back in December 2020.
- He was scheduled for an arraignment on Friday.
- Cuomo denied the allegations.
- “I would never want to be unhelpful in any way. And I think that given the circumstances, the best way I can help now is if I step aside and let government get back to governing. And therefore that’s what I’ll do, because I work for you, and doing the right thing is doing the right thing for you,” Cuomo said at the time, per Axios.