SALT LAKE CITY — The driver of a vehicle that crashed into another car in June and then ran from the scene — leaving behind a critically injured teen who later died from his injuries. as well as an assortment of drug-related items — has been identified and charged.

Llobani Federico Figuero, 29, of Salt Lake City, was charged Friday in 3rd District Court with drug distribution, a first-degree felony; manslaughter, theft by receiving stolen property, possession of a firearm by a restricted person and drug possession with intent to distribute, all second-degree felonies; leaving the scene of an accident involving death, a third-degree felony; reckless driving and possession of drug paraphernalia, both class B misdemeanors; driving on a suspended license, a class C misdemeanor; and a speeding infraction.

On June 21, just after 4 a.m., a GMC Sierra truck was traveling between 90 mph to 100 mph in a 30 mph zone, ran a red light at the intersection of Redwood Road and North Temple, and slammed into the passenger side door of a 2003 Nissan Sentra, according to charging documents.

The 17-year-old passenger in the Nissan had to be extracted from the vehicle by emergency crews. His injuries included a brain hemorrhage, four broken ribs, a “destroyed spleen” that had to be removed, as well as injuries to his heart, liver and a collapsed lung, the charges state. The boy remained in a coma for eight days and died on June 29 from his injuries, according to the charges. His name has not been released.

After the crash, Figuero got out of the GMC, grabbed a large bag, and ran, the charges state, sparking a widespread search.

Detectives going through the wrecked GMC found Figuero’s driver’s license, a handgun stolen out of West Jordan, cellphones, SIM cards, pills, heroin, marijuana, over $1,000 in cash and a transaction book, according to the charges.

The driver of the Nissan picked Figuero out of a photo lineup arranged by Salt Lake police. Detectives also compared handwriting samples left in Figuero’s vehicle with his verified writings, the charges state. And investigators lifted a fingerprint from the gun found in the wrecked GMC and matched it with Figuero, according to charging documents.

Court documents state that Figuero was previously convicted of drug distribution and sentenced to the Utah State Prison. He was paroled in 2017, and was still on parole at the time of the crash.

A no bail warrant was issued Friday for Figuero’s arrest.