Teens who have died in Utah wilderness therapy programs/residential treatment programs:
• Michelle Sutton, 15, Pleasanton, Calif., who died May 9, 1990, in a remote area north of the Grand Canyon from heat exhaustion while in the care of a St. George-based wilderness program.
• Kristen Chase, 16, Ponte Vedra, Fla., died June 27, 1990 from heat exhaustion while hiking with program at Kaiparowits Plateau in southern Utah.
• Aaron Bacon, 16, Phoenix, who died March 31, 1994, from peritonitis and a perforated ulcer near Hole in the Rock, Garfield County.
• Ian August, 14, Austin, Texas, who died July 13, 2002, in Marjum Canyon, 60 miles from Delta.
• Kiley Jaquays, 17, Plain Field, Ill., who died Dec. 24, 2002, in a hiking fall near St. George while being treated at a residential treatment center for emotionally troubled teens.