Considering the longevity of "Jeopardy!" — now in its 33rd year — as well as the popularity of games like Trivia Crack and QuizUp (and of course, lest we forget: the 1980s hit board game Trivial Pursuit), it's safe to say that people like to test their brains. Like any good idea, the anonymous genius who came up with the concept of quiz night may never be known, but the idea spread fast and deep. Call it what you will — quiz night, pub quiz, trivia night — but they all amount to the same thing: a night of trivia, friends, food and maybe, if you're lucky (or more likely, smart), a prize at the end of the evening.
Here’s a list of 19 places in the Beehive state that offer trivia nights for those itching to show off their knowledge while school’s out of session. The list is organized by days of the week, with locations under a specific day being ordered by start time.
With the exception of The Leonardo, all of the places listed here are bars and therefore limited to age 21 and older, so please plan accordingly. There are no cover charges for any of these quiz nights, and drink and food orders are optional.
Please note that this list is not all-inclusive.
- Squatters Pub Brewery: 7:30 pm., 147 W. Broadway, Salt Lake City (801-363-2739)
- Prohibition: 7 p.m., 151 E. 6100 South, Murray (801-281-4852)
Twist SLC: 7 p.m, 32 Exchange Place, Salt Lake City (801-322-3200)
Mid City Pub & Grill: 8 p.m., 7101 Bingham Junction Blvd., Midvale (801-566-0505)
Ice Haus: 8 p.m., 7 E. 4800 South, Murray (801-266-212)
- Gracie’s: 6:30 p.m., 326 S. West Temple, Salt Lake City (801-819-7565)
- Proper Brewing and Burger Company: 7 p.m., 857 Main St., Salt Lake City (801-953-1707)
- Dick N’ Dixie’s: 7:30 p.m, 479 E. 300 South, Salt Lake City (801-994-6919)
- A Bar Named Sue: 8 p.m., 3928 S. Highland Drive, Salt Lake City (801-274-5578)
- A Bar Named Sue: 8 p.m., 8136 State St., Midvale (801-566-3222)
- Wednesday Strap Tank Brewing Company: 6:30 p.m. beginning June 21, 1750 W. 596 South, Springville (385-325-0262)
- The Green Pig Pub: 7 p.m., 31 E. 400 S., Salt Lake City (801-532-7441)
Piper Down Pub: 7:30 p.m., 1492 S. State St., Salt Lake City (801-468-1492)
Tap Room: 8 p.m., 2021 E. Windsor St., Salt Lake City (801-484-6692)
Lucky 13: 8 p.m., 135 W. 1300 South, Salt Lake City (801-487-4418)
- Bandits Grill & Bar: 7 p.m. starting June 22, 440 Main St., Park City (435-649-7337)
Alleged: 7:30 p.m., 201 25th St., Ogden (801-990-0692)
Lumpys Downtown: 8 p.m., 145 Pierpont Ave., Salt Lake City (801-883-8714)
- The Leonardo Museum: 7 p.m. on the second Friday of every month, 205 E. 500 South (at the Salt Bistro), Salt Lake City, 801-531-9800
For those planning on attending a trivia night, it is recommended to show up a few minutes early to get a good spot.Email: email@example.com