SALT LAKE CITY — Former Utah offensive guard Jordan Agasiva went through two NFL tryouts over the past two weekends, and it paid off.
The Jacksonville Jaguars announced Sunday they’ve signed Agasiva along with four other tryout players. Agasiva tried out for the San Francisco 49ers at their rookie minicamp the weekend before heading to the Jaguars’ rookie minicamp on a tryout basis.
"All glory to GOD," Agasiva wrote on Twitter. "#Thankful."
The 6-foot-3, 320-pound Agasiva started 24 games at right guard over the past two seasons for Utah after transferring from Pima Community College. He was a first-team All-Pac-12 selection in 2018 as a senior.
Agasiva’s agent also shared his congratulations on the signing.
Congrats to friend and client @Jagasiva79 of @Utah_Football as he signs with @Jaguars after a stellar performance in their rookie minicamp.— Evan Brennan (@brennansports) May 12, 2019
Jordan was a dominate OG in the @pac12 and gets to show it this summer for the Jags. pic.twitter.com/LmphiKF6qR
With Agasiva’s signing, there are now seven former Ute rookies currently on NFL rosters, including draft picks safety Marquise Blair (Seattle), linebacker Cody Barton (Seattle), punter Mitch Wishnowsky (San Francisco), kicker Matt Gay (Tampa Bay) and offensive tackle Jackson Barton (Indianapolis). Safety Corrion Ballard signed as an undrafted free agent with Carolina, while linebacker Chase Hansen also signed an undrafted free agent contract with New Orleans before being released Friday.
Agasiva is the only one of 18 reported locals who earned tryouts over the past two weekends to sign a contract so far.
Here’s a look at the full list of Utah ties who earned tryouts at rookie minicamps, with information from NFL teams, college releases or otherwise as designated:
- Chicago: Utah State wide receiver Ron’quavion Tarver, BYU (Snow College and American Fork High) wide receiver Jonah Trinnaman
- Cleveland: Utah State safety Jontrell Rocquemore, Utah State safety Aaron Wade
- Detroit: BYU quarterback Tanner Mangum, Stanford (Pleasant Grove High) offensive guard Brandon Fanaika, according to his Twitter profile
- Indianapolis: Utah State wide receiver Aaren Vaughns
- Jacksonville: Utah offensive guard Jordan Agasiva
- Kansas City: Utah State (Snow College and Mountain Crest High) safety Gaje Ferguson, Utah State offensive guard/tackle (Snow College) Roman Andrus, Southern Utah (Bingham High) tight end Logan Parker
- New Orleans: BYU wide receiver Dylan Collie, Utah State offensive guard/tackle (Snow College) Roman Andrus, Weber State fullback Brady May
- Oakland: BYU quarterback Tanner Mangum
- Pittsburgh: BYU (American Fork High) offensive tackle Ryker Mathews
- San Francisco: Utah offensive guard Jordan Agasiva
- Seattle: Utah (Cottonwood High) center Lo Falemaka, Utah quarterback Troy Williams
- Tampa Bay: Utah State center Quin Ficklin
- Washington: BYU tight end Tanner Balderree