Is Loki still alive after ‘Avengers: Endgame’ twist?
“Avengers: Endgame” directors Joe and Anthony Russo told Business Insider this week that Loki (Tom Hiddleston) remains unaccounted for in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
SALT LAKE CITY — “Avengers: Endgame” didn’t clean up all of its lingering plot threads.
- “Avengers: Endgame” directors Joe and Anthony Russo told Business Insider this week that Loki (Tom Hiddleston) remains unaccounted for in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and it could have major consequences for the road ahead.
- “Endgame” ended with Captain America (Chris Evans) traveling back in time to the Infinity Stones to reverse the timeline they created by taking them away. But Loki, who stole the Tesseract on the Avengers’ first attempt to retrieve it in the past and disappeared, still remains at large.
- "It gets very complicated, but it would be impossible for (Cap) to rectify the timeline unless he found Loki," Joe Russo said, according to Business Insider. "The minute that Loki does something as dramatic as take the Space Stone, he creates a branched reality."
- According to Business Insider, Loki’s decision to steal the Space Stone and disappear could impact the “Loki” TV series that has long been rumored for the Disney Pus streaming service.
- Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige told Variety that the shows will “intersect with the movies in a very big way,” and they could point to the strategy of the MCU.
- "It's a totally new form of storytelling that we get to play with and explore," Feige added.
Bigger picture: The “Spider-Man: Far From Home” trailer showed the idea of a multiverse coming to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.