- The simple takeaway — the vaccine won’t be an on-off switch to return us to normal.
- “It has not yet dawned on hardly anybody the amount of complexity and chaos and confusion that will happen in a few short months,” Dr. Gregory Poland, the director of the Vaccine Research Group at the Mayo Clinic, told The New York Times.
Multiple COVID-19 vaccine remain in development from companies like Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Pfizer and more. All of them are undergoing different tests with different participants.
The future may resemble something like this:
- Americans may have to choose between several COVID-19 vaccines. Minor differences could be at play.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention may offer guidelines for which COVID-19 vaccine to take depending on your age, gender, weight or more (which is hard to do in itself), according to The New York Times.
- There could be a vaccine that may require you to still wear a mask.