But that was after Daniel Lissing, who played Jack Thornton, left the show with his character passing away.
Why did Daniel Lissing leave ‘When Calls the Heart’ after season 5?
- Lissing recently hosted a Facebook Live where he explained why he left the show, according to Entertainment Tonight.
- Lissing said: “It’s funny the way the world works. If I had stayed on the show, and been there during season 6 and shot and all that kind of stuff, then I wouldn’t have met (my fiancee) Nadia, you know? And I wouldn’t be getting married and I wouldn’t be at this place in my life where I feel really in line with what I’m meant to be doing personally and professionally, so no regrets at all. How can I look at my future wife and say, ‘Oh, I should’ve stayed on this job?’ She’s my life, you know? That’s my personal life and that’s exponentially more important to me than a job.”
- Lissing said: “Circumstances arose for me where I needed to leave ‘When Calls the Heart’ for reasons that are very personal to me I went to Hallmark and they were nothing but supportive of me. I went to the girls and they were nothing but supportive of me.”
What happened to Jack Thornton?
- On the show, Thornton went on an assignment with some recruits where he died in a landslide. He wrote his wife Elizabeth (Erin Krakow) a letter that explained why he went on a mission, according to Good Housekeeping.
When does ‘When Calls the Heart’ season 7 start?
- The new season for the show began on Sunday, Feb. 23.