“When Calls the Heart” had some high turnover over the last few seasons. For one, Lori Loughlin, who played Mayor Abigail Stanton, was fired from the show over the college admissions scandal.
But that was after Daniel Lissing, who played Jack Thornton, left the show with his character passing away.
Why did Daniel Lissing leave ‘When Calls the Heart’ after season 5?
- Lissing recently hosted a Facebook Live where he explained why he left the show, according to Entertainment Tonight.
- Lissing said: “It’s funny the way the world works. If I had stayed on the show, and been there during season 6 and shot and all that kind of stuff, then I wouldn’t have met (my fiancee) Nadia, you know? And I wouldn’t be getting married and I wouldn’t be at this place in my life where I feel really in line with what I’m meant to be doing personally and professionally, so no regrets at all. How can I look at my future wife and say, ‘Oh, I should’ve stayed on this job?’ She’s my life, you know? That’s my personal life and that’s exponentially more important to me than a job.”
- Lissing said: “Circumstances arose for me where I needed to leave ‘When Calls the Heart’ for reasons that are very personal to me I went to Hallmark and they were nothing but supportive of me. I went to the girls and they were nothing but supportive of me.”
What happened to Jack Thornton?
- On the show, Thornton went on an assignment with some recruits where he died in a landslide. He wrote his wife Elizabeth (Erin Krakow) a letter that explained why he went on a mission, according to Good Housekeeping.
When does ‘When Calls the Heart’ season 7 start?
- The new season for the show began on Sunday, Feb. 23.