- “Jurassic World” director Colin Trevorrow shared a photo on Twitter from the set of the new film. The photo reveals the new title as “Dominion.”
- “Dominion” follows the previous films “Jurassic World” and “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.”
What does “dominion” mean?
- The word means sovereignty or control, or a territory controlled by a sovereign or government.
- Other definitions suggest it means supreme authority, ownership or even an order of angels.
What should you expect?
- “Fallen Kingdom” ended with dinosaurs running through the real world, taking over plenty of locations. Based on this title, it could mean the new movie may start at a time when dinosaurs rule the free land.
- Chris Pratt, who stars in the film as the main character Owen, said in a recent interview on “The Ellen Show” that “Jurassic World 3” will bring back older characters from previous films. He compared the new movie to “Avengers: Endgame,” which featured the culmination of a 22-film saga, as I wrote for the Deseret News.
- Pratt said: “This feels like (the end). It’s got everybody. It’s got pretty much everybody in it, maybe I just blew it but I don’t care. I know that like all the cast from the original ‘Jurassic Park’ is coming back and so it’s going to feel very much like how (Avengers) ‘Endgame’ brought everything together at Marvel.”
- Over a year ago, Pratt told MTV News that the new film will have a significant time jump, too.
- Pratt said: “When I heard the pitch, I was blown away. I can’t believe they found a way to deliver on the promise of the end of ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.’ … The island is blown up. The animals are out. We can’t put ‘em back in the box. What are we gonna do? How is — not only these dinosaurs, but this technology moving forward — going to affect the planet? And we jump forward, it’s like, ‘oh! oh right!’”