Utah finished the regular season with a 28-13 win over Colorado at Rice-Eccles Stadium on Friday afternoon.
The Utes finish the 2021 regular season with a 9-3 overall record and an 8-1 record in the Pac-12.
Utah now turns its attention to the Pac-12 championship game on Dec. 3.
Utah 28, Colorado 13
- No score from either team in the final quarter. Utah held Colorado to just 24 yards of offense in the fourth quarter.
End of 3rd Quarter
Utah 28, Colorado 13
- 6:45 — Fantastic play from Cam Rising. He started to run for the first down on 3rd-and-5 from Colorado’s 13-yard line, but as he drew the defense to him, threw it to Britain Covey for a touchdown. That score was set up by a 33-yard pass from Rising to Covey, who got smacked by Christian Gonzalez but hung on to the ball.
- 12:08 — Utah wastes no time responding after Colorado’s touchdown. The Utes go 68 yards in 2:29. Cam Rising completed two passes for 16 and 11 yards on the drive, and Tavion Thomas capped it off with a 12-yard touchdown run.
- 14:45 — Nikko Reed takes Utah’s opening kickoff of the second half 100 yards to the house. It’s the third kickoff return touchdown given up by the Utes this season. Utah missed multiple tackles as Reed rumbled to the end zone.
Utah 14, Colorado 6
- 0:00 — Cam Rising makes the wrong decision on an option play on 4th-and-2 from the Colorado 24-yard line. The Buffaloes take over and go 39 yards on the ensuing drive, then Cole Becker nails a 56-yard field goal to cut Utah’s lead to eight points at halftime.
- 8:08 — Another touchdown pass to a tight end. This time, it’s Cam Rising hitting Dalton Kincaid up the middle for a 28-yard score. That touchdown was set up by a 4th-and-2 conversion by Tavion Thomas.
- 12:23 — Utah is on the board with a Cam Rising dart to Brant Kuithe for a 19-yard touchdown. Rising threw to a wide-open Solomon Enis for a 12-yard gain and then TJ Pledger ran 27 yards to set up the touchdown pass.
End of 1st Quarter
Colorado 3, Utah 0
0:14 — Colorado takes advantage of a free play after Utah’s defense was offside, as Brendon Lewis fires a 29-yard pass to Dimitri Stanley to get to Utah’s 32-yard line. Clark Phillips and Zemaiah Vaughn have nice pass breakups and force a field goal attempt, which is missed by Cole Becker.
- 4:15 — Six consecutive runs to end the drive for Utah, but it’s one run too many. On 3rd-and-7, Tavion Thomas is stuffed, forcing a Jadon Redding field goal attempt from 37 yards out. Redding’s field goal is blocked by Terrance Lang.
- 12:32 — Cam Rising overthrows his target and Colorado’s Mark Perry intercepts the pass and returns it to the Utah 15-yard-line. The Utes force a field goal, not allowing Colorado to gain a yard, but it’s not a great start for Utah’s offense. Colorado leads 3-0.
- Colorado has plenty of key players missing today.
So, the Buffs are missing their top RB (Broussard), their top WR (Rice), 2 of their 4 best ILB (Landman & Lamb), 2 of their top 3 OLBs (Thomas & Gustav), 2 of their top 4 corners (Blackmon and Moore) and one of their top 5 DL (Jordan). #cubuffs— Brian Howell (@BrianHowell33) November 26, 2021
Here are a few stories to get you ready for the game: