Melania Trump just did something unexpected — she released her very own nonfungible token.
The former first lady took to Twitter to announce that she would be releasing and selling NFTs at “regular intervals” on MelaniaTrump.com starting Thursday.
According to Coindesk, former President Donald Trump has said that he’s “not a fan” of Bitcoin, but his wife isn’t shying away from the crypto world.
- “I am proud to announce my new NFT endeavor, which embodies my passion for the arts, and will support my ongoing commitment to children through my Be Best initiative,” Trump said in a statement.
- “Through this new technology-based platform, we will provide children computer science skills, including programming and software development, to thrive after they age out of the foster community.”
The first NFT for sale, which features watercolor system artwork by Marc-Antoine Coulon, “embodies Mrs. Trump’s cobalt blue eyes” and is already on her website with a $182.39 price tag. It also comes with a recorded “message of hope” from Melania Trump.
- Her NFT will utilize the Solana blockchain, accepting both cryptocurrency and credit card payments through MoonPay, per the statement.
- A portion of the proceeds will go toward helping children aging out of the foster care system.
- She also plans to preview an “NFT and private Collection auction” on Jan. 4 to be sold on Jan. 11.