The 2021 NFL draft saw seven players with Utah ties get selected, and even though the draft was less than three weeks ago, people are naturally already looking forward to the 2022 event.
How many with Utah ties could get selected next year?
On Thursday, ESPN draft guru Mel Kiper Jr. released his list of the top 10 prospects at *most positions, and seven players with Beehive State connections made the list.
Kiper made sure to mention the caveat that it’s still incredibly early in the process, and it’s also important to note that some positions will have more than 10 players taken and others will have far fewer (For example, Kiper only even ranked six long snappers, noting just two were taken in 2021, and only one punter was chosen).
That said, here’s the list of players with Utah ties on Kiper’s rankings:
- Utah’s Nick Ford, No. 2 center.
- Utah’s Devin Lloyd, No. 3 inside linebacker.
- Weber State’s Clay Moss, No. 4 fullback/H-back.
- Utah’s Keegan Markgraf, No. 4 long snapper.
- BYU’s James Empey, No. 6 center.
- BYU’s Jake Oldroyd, No. 8 kicker/punter.
- Stanford’s Houston Heimuli (Bountiful High School), No. 10 fullback/H-back.