Would John Boyega return to the “Star Wars” franchise?
What would bring John Boyega back to the ‘Star Wars’ galaxy?
Boyega — who left the franchise after the sequel trilogy wrapped up — said he would be open to returning to the “Star Wars” franchise if it were under specific circumstances, according to People magazine.
- “I’m open to the conversation as long as it is (Kathleen Kennedy), J.J. (Abrams) and maybe someone else (on their) team. (Then) it’s a no-brainer,” he said, according to People magazine.
Boyega made the comment during an interview with “Jakes’s Takes” in 2020.
anyways here’s John Boyega saying he’s open to come back as long as it’s with Kathy, the old crew, and maybe even JJ #ContinueReyandFinnsStory pic.twitter.com/r4gPK4GiSJ— 👻Palpamemes (@PalpamemesYT) May 25, 2021
John Boyega criticized Disney and ‘Star Wars’
Boyega said back in June 2020 that he had moved on from the “Star Wars” franchise, as I wrote for the Deseret News. He shared an Instagram photo of him on the set of a new film and responded to a fan comment.
- “Force Finn in action with Green lightsaber dressed in black is all I want from the next SW film!”
- Boyega replied: “lol no thank you. I’ve moved on (heart emoji).”
- Another fan wrote: “really just got those Disney bucks and dipped (laugh crying emoji).”
- Boyega responded: “nope. Not into playing one role for too long. I have more to offer than that. That’s all.”
Other reasons John Boyega would return to ‘Star Wars’
Boyega told Yahoo Entertainment in October 2020 that he would return if Disney made “Duel of the Fates,” the rumored original ninth “Star Wars” film from Colin Trevorrow.
Boyega also hinted that animated shows might be the move, too.
- “I’m a ‘Mandalorian’ fan, so Lucasfilm is doing very well with the TV shows,” he told Yahoo Entertainment. “An animated show would be dope! We could do it from home.”