The release date of “Stranger Things” Season 4 remains a mystery, but fans in Utah just got some exciting news that may help the wait go a little faster: “Stranger Things” stars Gaten Matarazzo and Caleb McLaughlin will appear at the FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention in September.
‘Stranger Things’ stars are coming to Utah
On Monday, FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention announced that McLaughlin, who plays “Stranger Things” teen Lucas Sinclair, is joining the 2021 lineup.
Although best known for his role in “Stranger Things,” McLaughlin’s acting history includes performing as Young Simba in the Broadway production of “The Lion King” and, most recently, making his feature film debut in the movie “Concrete Cowboy.”
The 19-year-old actor will appear at FanX on Sep. 17 and 18, according to the event’s website. Panel information is forthcoming, and photo ops with McLaughlin will soon be available for $70.
💥Please welcome our next FanX 2021 guest, Caleb McLaughlin, best known for his roles in Stranger Things, Concrete Cowboy, and High Flying Bird! Meet him in September at the Salt Palace Convention Center. pic.twitter.com/6tnf32LIp7— FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ (@fanxsaltlake) June 14, 2021
McLaughlin’s announcement comes a week after FanX revealed that Matarazzo, who plays Dustin Henderson, would be coming to Salt Lake City. The 18-year-old actor first appeared at FanX in 2018, according to a news release sent to the Deseret News.
- “Gaten was an instant hit when he came the first time in 2018 and since he’s consistently been one of our most requested guests from fans, so we’re thrilled that he’ll be joining us again his year,” Dan Farr, the FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention founder and show producer said in a statement.
- “It’s always impressive to me to see such talented actors at a young age and how they appreciate and interact with their fans,” Farr continued. “Gaten was so great with our fans during his last appearance, and that showed in the many requests we had to bring him back.”
Aside from “Stranger Things,” Matarazzo has performed in Broadway productions of “Les Miserables” and “Priscilla, Queen of the Desert,” according to the FanX website. Most recently, Matarazzo has hosted the Netflix show “Prank Encounters.”
Matarazzo will appear at FanX on Sept. 17 and 18, according to the event’s website. Panel information is forthcoming, and photo ops with the actor will soon be available for $70.
Who else is coming to FanX?
In May, the Deseret News reported that FanX had added the following 10 celebrity guests:
- Peyton List — Emma Ross from “Jessie” and star on “Cobra Kai.”
- Jacob Bertrand — Eli “Hawk” Moskowitz in “Cobra Kai.”
- Amanda Tapping — Samantha Carter from “Stargate SG-1”
- Chris Eccleston — The ninth doctor from “Doctor Who” series.
- David Haydn-Jones — Mr. Ketch on “Supernatural.”
- Richard Speight Jr. — Archangel Gabriel on “Supernatural.”
- Misha Collins — Castiel on “Supernatural.”
- Rider Strong — Shawn Hunter on “Boy Meets World.”
- Will Friedle — Eric Matthews on “Boy Meets World.”
- William Daniels — Mr. Feeny on “Boy Meets World.”
- Adam Savage — “MythBusters” and “Unchained Reaction.”
- Ashley Eckstein — Ahsoka Tano from “Star Wars: The Clone Wars.”
- Keegan Connor Tracy — Blue Fairy from “Once Upon a Time.”
- Bret Iwan — current voice of Mickey Mouse.
Visit the FanX website to view the full lists of guests.