We have our first look at ‘Star Wars: Visions’ — a series of short-films coming to Disney+
‘Star Wars: Visions’ will tell new stories of ‘Star Wars’ through anime-style animation
What is the ‘Star Wars: Visions’ series?
The project — which is a series of seven short films — comes from seven anime studios, which will produce the short films from Lucasfilm.
- “From the beginning, stories told in the ‘Star Wars’ galaxy have counted Japanese mythology and the films of Akira Kurosawa among their many influences, and these new visions will further explore that cultural heritage through the unique animation style and perspective of each anime studio,” Disney+ said in a press release sent to the Deseret News.
What are the ‘Star Wars: Visions’ episode titles?
Here’s a breakdown of the animate studios involved, along with the title of each short project.
- Kamikaze Douga — “The Duel”
- Geno Studio (Twin Engine) — “Lop and Ochō”
- Studio Colorido (Twin Engine) — “Tatooine Rhapsody”
- Trigger — “The Twins”
- Trigger — “The Elder”
- Kinema Citrus — “The Village Bride”
- Science Saru — “Akakiri”
- Science Saru — “T0-B1”
- Production IG — “The Ninth Jedi”
‘Star Wars: Visions’ preview video, revealed
Disney+ shared a first look video at the Anime Expo Lite over the weekend. It shows storyboards of coming episodes, includes interviews with crew and staff members and offers a look at what’s ahead for the project.
When does ‘Star Wars: Visions’ come out?
All seven episodes of “Star Wars: Visions” will hit Disney+ on Sept. 22, 2021.