Tim Tebow has been released by the Jacksonville Jaguars — ending a short stint with the NFL franchise.
Was Tim Tebow released from the Jaguars?
The Jaguars made a number of cuts on Tuesday, including:
- CB DJ Daniel (waived).
- WR Josh Imatorbhebhe (waived/injured).
- WR Tim Jones (waived/injured).
- DT Daniel Ross (reserve/injured).
- TE Tim Tebow (waived).
The Jacksonville Jaguars have made the following roster moves:— JaguarsPR (@JaguarsPR) August 17, 2021
•CB DJ Daniel (waived)
•WR Josh Imatorbhebhe (waived/injured)
•WR Tim Jones (waived/injured)
•DT Daniel Ross (reserve/injured)
•TE Tim Tebow (waived)
Tim Tebow reacts to being released
Tim Tebow responded to the decision on social media.
- “Thank you to the @Jaguars organization and everyone who has supported me in this journey. And we know that…God works all things together for good. Romans 8:28.”
Is Tim Tebow still in the NFL?
When did Tim Tebow join the Jacksonville Jaguars?
Reports surfaced in May that Tebow would sign a one-year contract with the Jacks Jaguars. Controversy followed as critics questioned the idea of Tebow making his return.
ESPN’s Anthony McFarland called Tebow a “polarizing former athlete that we can’t stop talking about.”
- “Here’s the quandary with Tim Tebow,” McFarland said. “Tim Tebow was a really good college athlete who some people around the country think has been treated with a lot of privilege — decent athlete who’s been given a lot of things and a lot of chances. Other people ... love his story about faith and his relationship with God and perseverance. ... He’s got his allegiance.”