NBA 2K22 recently unveiled a new mode targeted for fans of the WNBA.
What is The W mode?
The W mode — which centers around your player’s journey to make it in the WNBA — will have a new badge progression system. You earn badges that will improve your player’s game on the court.
- You can even customize these badges, which allows for new possibilities for unique players in The W.
- This is similar to other modes with the NBA 2K franchise. Your player is assigned certain badges that give them better characteristics and skills when competing on the court.
- Some badges make your players more defensive, others make them better at shooting.
Can you play The W online?
The W will add an online mode as well, which allows you “to link with your friends before the matchmaking process.”
- You can play online with your friends and compete as a team. You can also compete online and earn new points and rewards along the way.
- And you’ll even have an opportunity to be signed by historic teams within the game, including the Houston Comets and New York Liberty.