Warning: This article contains links to video footage of the Frontier Airlines incident, which includes explicit language.
- The passenger — who had reportedly been drinking on the flight — has been accused of “inappropriately touching two female flight attendants and punching a male attendant” during a flight on Saturday, NPR reports.
- Per The Miami Herald, the passenger, Max Berry, has been charged with three misdemeanor counts of battery by the Miami-Dade police department because of the incident.
What happened on the Frontier Airlines flight?
The flight crew decided to tape the passenger after he became unruly. Video footage shows the passenger shouting explicit language at the crew.
- The passenger said his family was worth more than $2 million. He said his grandfather was an attorney, per NPR.
Did the passenger respond?
The accused passenger, Max Berry, responded to the incident on social media.
- “This will forever be the most dehumanizing experience in my entire life. Many people laughed and ridiculed me as I was mistreated by staff of a PROFESSIONAL airline,” he wrote on Twitter. Note: The tweet contains the video footage of the incident, which includes explicit language.
- Berry suggested his life will never be the same again since the incident has gone viral.
Did Frontier Airlines respond?
But the Association of Flight Attendants-CWA, which is the union for Frontier Airlines employees, expressed support for the crew.
- “Flight Attendants have faced an onslaught of disruptions on our flights this year. The situation on Frontier this weekend is one of the worst examples,” the AFACWA statement read. “A drunk and irate passenger verbally, physically, and sexually assaulted multiple members of the crew. When he refused to comply after multiple attempts to de-escalate, the crew was forced to restrain the passenger with the tools available to them onboard.”