- “Inbound transfers for SHIB are now available in the regions where trading is supported,” according to Coinbase Pro’s Twitter.
Can you get Shib coin on Coinbase?
- “SHIB is not yet available on http://Coinbase.com or via our Consumer mobile apps. We will make a separate announcement if and when this support is added,” Coinbase Pro said on Twitter.
There has been speculation that the Shiba Inu coin would join Coinbase after it added support for the Shib coin token to Coinbase Custody, which allows people to deposit and withdraw cryptocurrency assets.
- Investors have believed the Shiba Inu coin will spike in price and value because the listing will kick up social media discussion, which will build hype around the coin, according to CoinDesk.com.
Shiba Inu coin dropped in value
The addition to Coinbase Pro comes as Shib coin and Dogecoin — both meme-based crypto tokens — suffered massive drops in recent days, likely due to a drop in interest.
- AMBCrypto reports that “open interest for both memecoins dropped considerably at the first sign of corrections.”
Indeed, Shib coin may have dropped off a bit because Dogecoin has been dropping off.
- “When the king meme goes up, its court moves in sympathy,” InvestorPlace.com explained.