Many of the most popular national parks on TikTok are located in the United States.
Driving the news: Experts at ParkSleepFly recently looked at the TikTok view counts for national parks in the United States and around the world.
- In total, seven of the top 10 most popular parks are located in the U.S.
The top 10: Yellowstone National Park is the most popular national park in the world, according to the report. Here’s a look at the rest of the top 10.
- Yellowstone National Park — 630,300,000 views.
- Denali National Park — 291,500,000 views.
- Yosemite National Park — 279,800,000 views.
- Grand Canyon National Park — 249,200,000 views.
- Göreme National Park, Turkey — 122,900,000 views.
- Joshua Tree National Park — 120,800,000 views.
- Glacier National Park — 115,000,000 views.
- Lake District National Park, UK — 105,900,000 views.
- Kruger National Park, South Africa — 98,700,000 views.
- Redwood National Park — 95,200,000 views.
Catch up quick: Outforia, a resource for outdoor adventures and experiences, released a new report that used data from the National Parks Authority to determine how dangerous most national parks in the U.S. are for people.
- The report used the highest number of search and rescue (SAR) incidents from 2018 to 2020 and where those reports are increasing to make its list.
The rankings: Grand Canyon National Park is listed as the most dangerous park with 785 reported search and rescue incidents.
- Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming ranked No. 8 on the list with 279 incidents.
Utah’s dangerous parks: Zion National Park ranked No. 6 on the list with 285 search and rescue incidents from 2018 to 2020, according to the report.
- Arches National Park slipped into the 10th spot with 2020 incidents.
Of note: Both Grand Teton and Yellowstone are seeing new visitors. The parks both had the most visitors ever in a single year, respectively, according to government data.