Everyone makes a taco differently. And now we have some insight into how the people of Utah make their tacos.
The news: A team at Gurney’s, a seed and nursery company, recently looked into how each state takes their taco.
- The team surveyed more than 2,500 Americans about their dream taco.
- Americans were asked about their favorite shell, meat, toppings and sauce.
- The team then asked respondents what they like to eat with their tacos.
The Utah taco: Utah’s favorite type of taco starts on a soft flour tortilla. It is topped with carne asada, pico de gallo, cheese and salsa verde.
- Texas was the only other state that made a taco similar to Utah.
The most popular taco: The report found 18 different states like to take their taco the same way, a sign that this is the country’s most popular taco.
- That taco starts with a soft, flour tortilla, ground beef, lettuce, cheese and sour cream.
- This sounds a lot like the tacos my grandma would make.
One extra thought: My home state of Massachusetts probably has one of the weirdest tacos — soft tortilla, chicken, pico de gallo, cheese and sour cream. Like, what?