Red and Blue recruits: Isaac Wilson gets new scholarship offers, will be on national TV this week
Corner Canyon’s 4-star quarterback will face Lone Peak in a game televised on ESPNU
One of Utah’s top high school football prospects, Corner Canyon junior quarterback Isaac Wilson, will have the opportunity to make an impression in front of a national audience Friday.
That’s because the Chargers’ matchup at Lone Peak this week will be televised on ESPNU, starting at 8 p.m. MDT.
It’s an important game in the Region 4 standings — Corner Canyon is 3-0 and atop the standings in region play, while Lone Peak is 1-2 after losing two heartbreakers in a row, including a one-point loss to Skyridge last week.
It’s a big stage for Wilson as well, similar to when another Corner Canyon quarterback, Jaxson Dart, played on a national telecast in 2020 and helped ramp up his recruiting process.
The only difference is a smaller platform: Dart, who ended up signing with USC and playing there for one year before transferring to Ole Miss this season, had his game televised on ESPN. Wilson’s game will be on ESPNU.
Wilson, the younger brother of New York Jets quarterback Zach Wilson, is listed as Utah’s top prospect in the 2024 recruiting class by 247 Sports.
The consensus four-star recruit is also one of the top quarterbacks in the 2024 class, ranked 10th nationally in 247 Sports’ composite rankings.
That gives him scholarship offers from 11 different schools, according to 247 Sports, among them BYU, the ACC’s Miami and the Pac-12’s Oregon, Oregon State and Arizona, as well as San Diego State, San Jose State, Weber State and Idaho State.
The 6-foot, 185-pound Wilson has completed 61% of his passes this season while throwing for 2,065 yards, 22 touchdowns and 11 interceptions.
Here’s a look at how commits to Utah, BYU and Utah State fared during last week’s play.
BYU commit performances from this past week
- Owen Borg, LB, Corner Canyon: W, 52-14 over Westlake. Borg had three tackles.
- Jackson Bowers, TE, Mountain View (Arizona): W, 29-26 over Chaparral. Bowers caught four passes for 43 yards and had a 1-yard run on offense, while he had a sack and forced a fumble on defense, per Max Preps.
- Ryder Burton, QB, Springville: W, 74-20 over Maple Mountain. Burton completed 17 of 24 passes for 375 yards and three touchdowns, including a 91-yard TD pass, while also rushing for 37 yards on two carries.
- Landen Chambers, RB, Fossil Ridge (Texas): Fossil Ridge did not play last week.
- Saimone Davis, TE, Colleyville Heritage (Texas): L, 44-26 to Grapevine. No stats recorded.
- Siale Esera, EDGE, Timpview: W, 62-42 over Orem. Esera returned an interception 71 yards for a touchdown and finished with seven tackles.
- Matthew Fredrick, TE, East: W, 63-24 over Skyline. Fredrick had two catches for 18 yards.
- Miles Hall, ATH, Skyline: L, 63-24 to East. No stats recorded.
- Andrew Heinig, DL, Glenpool (Oklahoma): W, 38-35 over Durant. No stats recorded.
- Pokaiaua Haunga, ATH, Timpview: W, 62-42 over Orem. No stats recorded.
- Josiah Phillips, WR, Sierra Canyon (California): L, 31-28 to Bishop Amat. Phillips caught five passes for 75 yards and a touchdown while also completing a pass for 17 yards, per Max Preps.
- Leo Pulalasi, ATH, Lakes (Washington): W, 70-28 over Silas. Pulalasi ran for 142 yards and three touchdowns on 10 carries, caught one pass for 11 yards and had six tackles (including two tackles for loss), per Max Preps.
- Stanley Raass, DL, Kahuku (Hawaii): L, 22-15 to St. Frances Academy (Maryland). Raass had two tackles, including a tackle for loss, and a forced fumble, per Scoring Live.
- Ethan Thomason, OT, Rocky Mountain (Colorado): L, 34-7 to Poudre. No stats recorded.
- Pierson Watson, LB, Coconino (Arizona): W, 28-21 over Apache Junction. Watson had a team-high 15 tackles and two sacks, per Max Preps.
- Easton Baker, ATH, Stansbury: W, 49-7 over Mountain View. Baker had three tackles.
- Chance Harrison, ATH, Rio Mesa (California): W, 14-13 over Buena. Harrison had two receptions for 5 yards and four tackles, per Max Preps.
- Dallin Johnson, DL, Springville: W, 74-20 over Maple Mountain. Johnson had five tackles.
- Adney Reid, LB, Spanish Fork: W, 56-20 over Wasatch. Reid currently lives in Australia where his father is a mission president, per BYU Insider.
Utah commit performances from this past week
- Roger Alderman, OT, Sonora (California): W, 43-0 over Calveras. No stats recorded.
- CJ Blocker, CB, New Caney (Texas): New Caney did not play last week.
- Kainoa Carvalho, WR, Kahuku (Hawaii): L, 22-15 to St. Frances Academy (Maryland). No stats recorded.
- Owen Chambliss, LB, Centennial (California): W, 70-28 over Chaparral. Chambliss had an interception, per Max Preps.
- Brock Fonoimoana, S, Kahuku (Hawaii): L, 22-15 to St. Frances Academy (Maryland). Fonoimoana had two receptions for 25 yards on offense, while adding five tackles and a pass breakup on defense, per Scoring Live.
- Randon Fontenette, S, Brazosport (Texas): W, 21-20 over Needville. Fontenette had 14 tackles (including seven solo) on defense, while completing 9 of 18 passes for 51 yards and running for 62 yards and a touchdown on 13 carries on offense, per Max Preps.
- Johnathan Hall, LB, Katy (Texas): W, 70-21 over Jordan. No stats recorded.
- Mateaki Helu, ATH, Stansbury: W, 49-7 over Mountain View. No stats recorded.
- Mack Howard, QB, Oxford (Mississippi): L, 35-0 to Tupelo. No stats recorded.
- Jonah Lea’ea, EDGE, Bishop Gorman (Nevada): W, 58-0 over Canyon Springs. Lea’ea had five tackles, including four tackles for loss, one sack and a QB hurry, per Max Preps.
- Jo’Laison Landry, DL, C.E. King (Texas): L, 38-3 to North Shore. Landry had four tackles for loss and a QB hurry, per Max Preps.
- Michael Mitchell, RB, Middleburg (Florida): W, 44-6 over Ridgeview. No stats recorded.
- Dijon Stanley, ATH, Granada Hills (California): W, 42-7 over Chatsworth. Stanley ran for 182 yards and two touchdowns on four carries — a 45.5-per carry average, per Max Preps. That included a 75-yard run.
- Carlos Wilson, ATH, Inderkum (California): W, 63-7 over Bella Vista. No stats recorded.
- Kobe Boykin, ATH, Orange (California): Orange did not play last week.
Utah State commit performances from this past week
- Keith Abney, WR, Waxahachie (Texas): Waxahachie did not play last week.
- Jaydon Bailey, RB, Steele (Texas): Steele did not play last week.
- McCae Hillstead, QB, Skyline: W, 31-30 over Lone Peak. Hillstead continued to miss time with an ankle injury suffered in mid-September.
- Jackson Olsen, WR, Ridgeline: W, 28-0 over Bear River. Olsen shared on Aug. 31 he is out for the season with an injury, per his Twitter account.