Editor’s note: The Deseret News is providing live coverage from Saturday’s Mountain West conference contest between Utah State and Air Force. Check back for updates throughout the game.
Utah State 34, Air Force 27
Utah State 34, Air Force 24
- Air Force pulls within a touchdown on a Dapore field goal late in the fourth quarter, but the Falcons are out of timeouts.
- Carter makes another game-changing play on defense, this time getting the turnover himself, intercepting Daniels on the Aggies’ 16-yard line.
- The Aggies make the turnover pay off on a 32-yard touchdown run by Legas. Utah State has come alive in the second half, playing the best it has this season outside of the first half against BYU.
- Utah State forces an Air Force turnover, a fumble caused by cornerback Ajani Carter and recovered by cornerback Andre Grayson.
- The Aggies convert a 4th-and-4 from Air Force’s 34-yard line, with a Legas shovel pass to Terrell Vaughn for a touchdown. Legas is having an excellent game, completing 18 of 23 passes for 215 yards and two touchdowns.
- Daniels puts Air Force back on top with a 40-yard touchdown pass to a wide open Amari Terry.
Utah State 20, Air Force 17
- Utah State retakes the lead for the first time since late in the first quarter on a 21-yard touchdown scamper by running back Calvin Tyler Jr.
- The Aggies drove 80-yards in 13 plays and converted a key 4-and-1 deep in Air Force territory, when Legas connected with Cobbs. Cobbs is having a game, with five catches for 136 yards and a score. Tyler Jr. has rushed for 85 yards and a score on 13 carries.
- Air Force banks a 40-yard field goal by kicker Matthew Dapore, increasing its lead to four midway through the third quarter.
Air Force 14, Utah State 13
- In an attempt to score before the end of the half, Legas threw an interception at the Air Force 14-yard line to Falcon’s defensive back Jayden Goodwin.
- Conner Coles hits his second field goal of the day, another 30-yarder to cap off a seven-play, 64-yard drive. Legas and Cobbs were the playmakers on the drive, connecting for multiple 10-plus yard passes.
- Air Force quarterback Haaziq Daniels sneaks into the end zone for a 1-yard go ahead score. The Falcons drove 75-yards in 16 plays, bleeding over nine minutes off the clock.
Utah State 10, Air Force 7
- Utah State is back on top thanks to a 30-yard field goal by kicker Connor Coles. The Aggies drove down the field effectively before getting stymied just outside of the red zone.
- Air Force responds with a nine-play, 64-yard touchdown drive, capped off by a 1-yard touchdown run by running back Brad Roberts.
- USU quarterback Cooper Legas finds wide receiver Brian Cobbs for a 31-yard touchdown, giving the Aggies the early lead. It was Cobbs’ fourth touchdown reception of the season.
Here are a few stories to get ready for Utah State’s game against Air Force: